VIDEO > Intersex, IGM and Human Rights: Markus Bauer @ Genital Autonomy 2015
“Markus Bauer, co-founder of StopIGM.org, has been a (non-intersex) intersex activist for 10 years, and his work has been crucial in making intersex human rights actually happen at the UN. His half-hour presentation at the "Genital Autonomy Symposium 2015" [abstract] is a valuable introduction to intersex human rights and social movement strategies, and also explains where the "Maltese Legislation" falls short of widely recognised human rights basics.” – Daniela Truffer
Many thanks to Richard Duncker (MenDoComplain) for the fabulous editing!
• UN Committee for the Rights of the Child (CRC): IGM = Harmful Practice + Violence
• UN Committee against Torture (CAT): IGM = Inhuman Treatment or Torture
• UN Women's Rights Committee (CEDAW): IGM = Harmful Practice
• UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD): Violation of Integrity
• UN Human Rights Committee (HRCttee) to examine IGM Practices
• CAT 2011: Germany must investigate IGM practices and compensate survivors!
Intersex Genital Mutilations • 17 Most Common
Human Rights Violations Of Children With Variations Of Sex Anatomy
IGM – Historical Overview • What is Intersex? • How Common are IGMs?
>>> Download PDF (3.65 MB) >>> Table of Contents