Mauro Cabral: "We need an intersex version of the principles"
>>> Great interview with Mauro Cabral on the Yogyakarta Principles. Unfortunately not mentioned in the article:
In addition to the UN Special Rapporteurs on Torture and Health, the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, the UN Committee against torture and other UN treaty bodies have SO FAR 11 TIMES reprimanded Governments in Europe, South America and Asia over Intersex Genital Mutilations, each time classifying IGM as a "harmful practice" (just like FGM) or as "inhuman treatment" in breach of the Convention against Torture, insisting all contracting states must "take effective legislative, administrative, judicial or other measures" BOTH to outlaw the practice AND to ensure access of survivors to reparations and justice.
• 11 Verdicts by UN Treaty Bodies Condemning IGM – And Counting ...
• UN Committee for the Rights of the Child (CRC) 2015: IGM = Harmful Practice
• UN Committee against Torture (CAT) 2015: IGM = Inhuman Treatment or Torture
• UN Human Rights Committee (HRCttee) to examine IGM Practices
• UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) condems IGM
• Historic 56th Session of Committee against Torture reprimands 4 Governments over IGM
• CAT 2011: Germany must investigate IGM practices and compensate survivors!